Protection and processing of personal data, rights of the data subject
on the basis of Article 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), hereinafter abbreviated as „GDPR“.
This document Protection and processing of personal data, rights of the data subject contains information about the purpose and legal basis of the processing of personal data, information about the disclosure of your personal data to third parties, information about access to your personal data and about your rights in relation to the protection of personal data.
If you are considering providing your personal data, through the website www.smartbase.sk (hereinafter abbreviated as the “Website“), to our company SmartBase s. r. o., Zimná 14181/2, 974 05 Banská Bystrica, ID No.: 47 348 071, registered in the Commercial Register of the District Court of Banská Bystrica, Section: Sro, Insert No.: 24668/S; (hereinafter abbreviated as the “Controller“) we would like to inform you about the way we process your personal data in connection with the offer, provision and provision of our services.
1. Which personal data do we process?
- First name
- Last name
- E-mail address
- Telephone number
- Mobile number
- Job position
- Name of employer
- the personal data provided in your CV
- Your photo
- Your audio-visual image
- LinkedIn URL
- GitHub URL
- Your message that you send us
- For what reason do we process your personal data and what is the purpose and legal basis of the processing?
2. We process your personal data on the following legal bases:
2.1. performance of a contract and performance of pre-contractual measures within the meaning of Article 6(1)(b) GDPR.
2.1.1. Your personal data is used for the purpose of the provision of services by the Provider (as defined on the Website), including pre-contractual relations arising from our relationship. This purpose includes in particular the following processing operations:
- effective communication in connection with the provision of services;
- ensuring the resolution of your complaint or claim;
- Ensuring the proper provision/delivery of services by the Provider;
- the performance of our obligations and the exercise of our rights under any contract between you and us in relation to the Services, including invoicing;
- sending you notices regarding any changes and updates in relation to the Provider’s services, including news;
- communicating and verifying your identity by email address and telephone number;
- other matters necessary for the Provider’s services.
2.1.2. If you apply for a job electronically, your personal data will be used for the purposes of fulfilling the employer’s obligations in relation to employment, including pre-contractual relationships. This purpose includes, in particular, the following processing operations at the pre-contractual stage:
- assessment of the job application;
- personal interview;
- sending personal data to applicants;
- ensuring the recruitment process.
2.2. We process your personal data for the purpose of dealing with your complaint on the legal basis of fulfilling a legal requirement within the meaning of Article 6(1)(c) of the GDPR. The personal data processed is used for the following processing operations:
- recording the complaint;
- assessment of the complaint;
- verifying whether the person who has lodged the complaint is entitled to lodge a complaint;
- notification of the outcome of the assessment of the complaint.
2.3. We process your personal data for the purpose of creating a database of natural and legal persons for the purpose of establishing business relationships in the future and to ensure mutual communication if you contact us via email or online form. In this case, our legitimate interest is to ensure efficient, error-free and direct communication with each other.
2.4. We obtain your consent under Article 6(1)(a) GDPR where none of the above legal bases apply. The controller obtains your voluntary and revocable consent at any time for the following purposes:
- storing your CV in our database;
- marketing communications, in particular active information (via email, SMS, web services, telephone, social networks and other communication channels) about our activities and services and those of third parties.
3. Who do we share your personal data with?
3.1. External Service Providers: In accordance with our legal and contractual obligations, we work with external service providers (intermediaries or independent operators) and share your personal data to the extent necessary for the performance of the Services. Our external service providers are mainly IT providers and sales representatives.
3.2. Before we share your personal data with other processors, we will enter into a written contract with those processors to ensure that the processing complies with the principles under the GDPR.
3.3. Public authorities: the Provider can only comply with certain legal obligations if it provides your personal data to public authorities such as tax authorities, courts or law enforcement authorities.
3.4. Other recipients – by consent.
4. Can your personal data be transferred to other countries (including outside the European Union)?
4.1. Your personal data is processed on the territory of the Slovak Republic and other member states of the European Union. Your personal data may only be processed by a country outside the European Union if that country has been confirmed by the European Commission as having an adequate level of data protection or if there are other sufficient safeguards for the protection of personal data (for example, binding corporate rules or standard European contractual clauses on data protection).
5. How long do we keep your personal data?
5.1. Where the processing of personal data is necessary to comply with a legal requirement, your personal data will be processed for a period of time determined on the basis of, or in accordance with, applicable law.
5.2. If the processing of personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract, your personal data will be processed until the end of the contract.
5.3. Once we no longer need your personal data for the purposes for which we processed it, we will delete your personal data unless we have a legal obligation to retain it.
5.4. Certain transaction details and correspondence may be retained until the end of the limitation period or until such time as may be required by applicable law.
6. What are your rights?
Your rights as a data subject are set out below. You should note that the exact conditions for exercising each right are set out in Chapter III of the GDPR, and not all rights may be applicable in a particular situation. You have the following rights:
- The right of access to the personal data we process about you;
- The right to rectification of incorrect and inaccurate personal data and the right to have incomplete data completed;
- The right to restriction, i.e. to limit the processing of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data if it lacks purpose or has been processed unlawfully;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data if you believe that we have not processed your personal data lawfully;
- The right to be excluded from automated individual decision-making;
- The right to obtain personal data of the data in a commonly used and machine-readable format and the right to transfer that data to another data controller;
- The right to withdraw consent to the processing of personal data;
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
7. How can you exercise your rights?
in writing to SmartBase s. r. o., Vysoká 34, 811 06 Bratislava
We strive to protect your privacy as much as possible and therefore process your personal data in accordance with the GDPR and all other relevant legislation. However, if you disagree with the way we process your personal data, you can exercise your rights with our responsible person:
Responsible Person: Veronika Jendeková, kontaktná adresa: Prešovská 40/A, 821 02 Bratislava, Slovenská republika, e-mail: email@example.com , tel.: +421 950 487 784.
8.1. What are Cookies? Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer’s hard drive. You can refuse to accept (or deactivate) cookies at any time via the settings in your web browser. If you refuse to accept cookies, some parts of our Website may not be accessible. If you do not adjust the settings in your web browser, our system will store cookies when you connect to our Website via your web browser.
8.2. What types of cookies do we use? Our Website uses two types of cookies: temporary cookies and permanent cookies.
- “Temporary cookies” remain stored on your device until you leave the Website or your web browser. Please note that temporary cookies must be enabled to properly use certain applications or functionalities;
- “Persistent cookies” remain stored on your device for the period of time specified in the folder parameters (adjustments to this period can be made in the web browser settings) or until you manually delete them. This type of cookie is used by our Website, for example, when remembering a previous resolution or content layout setting.
The Provider may use external cookies in the following situations:
- presentation of multimedia content on the Website that is streamed, downloaded or available from an external website;
- the presentation of advertisements designed according to your preferences using external websites and services;
- sharing content from social networks and using the features available there.
This Privacy Statement is valid and effective as of 05.08.2019.